Statistical Update

So last week kaitlyn went to the Dr. She got her 2 month immunization shots. She got weighed and measured too. She is now 4.5kg (10lbs), but has only grown another 1.5cm, but her head is 2cm bigger.

It's still surprising to me that some kids (not many) are born heavier than she is now at almost 2 months.

She got a total of 4 immunization shots, 2 in each leg, which was not very comfortable for her and seems a tad excessive to me. The first day was a little sore for her, apparently she cried like she hasn't cried before. And I know that must of got to hitomi. I hurt Kaitlyn once (I was holding her and she flopped backwards and I caught her a tad roughly) and I know i spent the next 15 minutes apologizing to her. Seeing her eyes well up in pain and then cry a cry that is very different from her normal cry... well it really tugs at your heart strings.

It makes you want you to protect them from all harm. But both hitomi and I follow the philosophy that overprotection is bad thing in the long term. We are there to catch her if she falls, not to hide her away oblivious of all dangers. In the event we don't catch her, we are there to help her back up again. Of course there are exceptions to that rule, and the name of the game is drawing the line in a reasonable bit of the sand. But I won't bore / offend our readers with our slightly different take on parenting....

Oh and Kailtyn finally started sleeping longer at night. For the past week or so, hitomi has been enjoying 5 hour continuous blocks of sleep. I usually stay up with kaitlyn and try to get her to sleep before midnight, while hitomi goes to bed, with luck we both get some decent sleep. Which is awesome!

1 comment:

The Authentic Self said...

What a great weight gain. :) I think it's the higher weight that allows babies to sleep better at night time. Great to hear you're all getting some more sleep now. :)