Stolen parking spot

Warning Rant ahead

Okay you've been forwarned. I'm about to rant. I normally don't rant about a stolen parking spot, especially if we are talking about an unassigned parking spot on the street. However if it takes you around an hour to dig the snow out of a parking spot and then have someone steal it, then I think it justifies the rant.

So i had done just that, last sunday I dug for an hour in the snow to clear a spot for my car. I successfully retained the spot sunday and monday night (even had to dig myself out on monday morning) however on tuesday night I arrived home to find a huge pickup truck parked in my hard worked for spot.

So I went inside, grabbed the shovel, created a not so pleasant note and went outside to dig myself a new spot.

I chose to dig my new spot behind my old spot (as no-one was parked there). So after leaving my note on the drivers windsheild I began to dig.... in the pouring rain. Did I mention that? that it was really and I mean REALLY raining at the time.

Part way through I got angry... the sort of angry reserved for needlessly digging a new parking spot in the pouring rain. then a thought occurred to me. Screw this guy I'm gonna dig him in.

The jerk had parked with his nose right up against the bank of snow made from my previous efforts, so I happily dumped all of the snow from my new spot right behind him. So now he had no room to get out of his stolen spot.

It may be small minded of me, but it felt good. Good to know that this jerk because of his laziness of not digging would have to dig himself out in the morning... hopefully when he was in a hurry to get out of work.

Anyhoo I got to meet the self centered jerkoff the next morning. So I expressed my disapointment. He claimed to have been using this spot prior to me and claimed that I was lying about digging it out. dickhead! anyhoo I left before he realised that his car was not easily accessible. We'll have to see wait what the consequences are.

3 comments:

hippo girl said...

If you had a chance to drive through East Van during the really snowy days, you'd have noticed little snow "garages" made on the main streets & side streets for each parked car. Inside these "garages" you'll find garbage cans, crates, buckets, kayak paddles(!) or plastic tables that basically say "stay out".

squaat said...

Yeah I have two buckets full of snow out there to mark my spot now. Funnily enough this evening my new marked spot was free, but my old spot had a new car in it. I guess people are just generally pretty inconsiderate, yet respectful of buckets

hippo girl said...

Check out the editorial drawing at http://splinterinyoureye.blogspot.com/2009/01/parking-space-sentinels-january-2009-by.html