Can't Sleep clown will eat me

Hey all, first of all sorry for hogging all of the posts and for not posting images yet. I'll try and get hitomi to post her thoughts soon.

So we've nearly had Kaitlyn for a week now and it has been tiring to say the least. We are operating on a 2 - 3 hr feeding schedule. That's from start of feed to the start of the next feed. So our typical 2 hr schedule looks like this
  1. Wake her up (if she's not already awake)
  2. Change her
  3. Feed her  (could take up to 45 mins)
  4. Burp her
  5. if she's not already asleep get her to sleep
  6. Go to be for about an hour or so
  7. start at 1 again

So yeah we are pretty worn out. if we are feeling really tired we may push the cycle out to 3 hours however if we do this kaitlyn is usually so hungry that she gets frustrated at the breast which makes the whole affair rather stressfull.

So we usually keep to the 2 hr cycle, and stretch it out at most the 2.5 hrs. Yeah it's crazy. We get up and we can't walk straight. We are super clumsy (well I am anyway) I even managed to pour boiling water on myself when sterilizing bottles. Doh. Don't worry I'm not badly injured I got my t-shirt off in time...

Anyhoo lets just say cutting up food with a sharp knife now scares the crap out of me!

1 comment:

The Authentic Self said...

They took us through the 2 hourly feed cycle in our ante-natal classes! Hopefully the cycle will get longer as Kaitlyn gets bigger.