Long time no hear

Hey all,

It's been a week since our last post and much has happened since then. I'm back at work after 4 weeks off work and we are slowly trying to get back into the groove of things.

So that I'm relatively alert at work, Hitomi now does the night shift and I try to sleep as much as I can before I rise at 6am to get ready for work.

I get up, try to relieve Hitomi for a bit, get ready and take Elsa and sometime Kaitlyn for a morning walk.... it's pitch black outside now at 6am, so I have to take a flashlight.... or two. LOL

Anyhoo Kaitlyn is doing well, though she's a tad more grizzly than normal. She's awake a lot more and unfortunately that includes the middle of the night.

I definitely look forward to coming home each night and holding her in my arms. She seems much more aware of her surroundings now and she's quite taken by this plush frog that we have dangling from her crib. Especially when we squeeze it and it plays Rock-a-bye baby and it's cheeks flash red.

A couple of times I swear she's reached up to try and touch things and last week I think I made her laugh.

She sometimes smiles as she falls asleep and she started to fall asleep during one of our play sessions, so I tickled her and she let out a chuckle. Definitely sounded and looked like a laugh, but I haven't seen or heard it since.

She's a fidgety as ever and her legs are quite strong. If we stand her up she can almost lift her own weight, and we often find her with all her blankets kicked off.

I think both Hitomi and I are enjoying the experience, it's just the lack of sleep that makes it difficult.

No comments: